Lady GaGa Gets Seductive and Outrageous for Harper's Bazaar

Lady GaGa continues to treat fans and magazine's readers with head-turning photos of herself. The "Born This Way" hitmaker is the cover girl of the May issue of Harper's Bazaar, and is featured showing off her seductive side and donning various outrageous outfits in a fashion spread inside the magazine. 

The Grammy-winning singer flaunts her new trademark "facial horns" in the cover of Bazaar, but goes seductive inside. She is featured getting down on all fours on top of a piano wearing only skin tone underwear, fishnet and a pair of white heels. With other photos, she turns to avant-garde fashion. One image captures her wearing a mask that matches her outfit. 

In an interview with the magazine, the 25-year-old addressed the issue of the protrusions on her face and arms. "It's artistic expression," she explained. "It's a performance-art piece. I have never, ever encouraged my fans or anyone to harm themselves, nor do I romanticize masochism. Body modification is part of the overarching analysis of 'Born This Way.' " 

GaGa further stressed, "I have never had plastic surgery, and there are many pop singers who have. I think that promoting insecurity in the form of plastic surgery is infinitely more harmful than an artistic expression related to body modification." She continued, "I am an artist, and I have the ability and the free will to choose the way the world will envision me." 

On being misinterpreted, she said, "I think a lot of people love to convolute what everyone else does in order to disempower women. But my fans know me. They would never hurt themselves. And if they have hurt themselves, they come to me and say, 'Gaga, I want to stop, and your music helps me want to stop. Your music makes me want to love myself.' I am in no way promoting sadomasochism or masochism." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More