Demi Lovato: I Want to Be Free From My Inner Demons

Disney darling Demi Lovatocontinues to shed light to her dark and destructive past. Having spoken out about her eating disorder, the Sonny Munroe in "Sonny with a Chance" shared with Seventeen magazine what she was looking for when checking herself into a treatment facility in November last year. 

"I basically had a nervous breakdown," the songstress, who admitted to have struggled with depression and anxieties for looking perfect, opened up. "I was really bad off. My parents and manager pulled me aside and said, 'You need to get some help.' It was an intervention. I wanted freedom from the inner demons. I wanted to start my life over." 

In a short Q&A released earlier, Demi candidly confessed about her eating disorder, "Yes, there have been times when I definitely have been tempted to get rid of my dinner. But I will deal with it for the rest of my life because it's a life-long disease. I don't think there's going to be a day when I don't think about food or my body, but I'm living with it, and I wish I could tell young girls to find their safe place and stay with it." 

Trying to turn her past into inspirations to other young girls, the 18-year-old, who serves as the magazine's contributing editor, advises, "If you are going through that dark period, go to your family and closest friends. Don't put yourself in danger. It's very crucial that you get your feelings out - but don't ever inflict harm on you body because your body is so sacred." 

The "Camp Rock" beauty continued to share her wish by saying, "I wish I could tell every young girl with an eating disorder, or who has harmed herself in any way, that she's worthy of life and that her life has meaning. You can overcome and get through anything." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More