Lily Allen Bans Her Fans From Watching Her TV Show

Lily Allen has begged fans not to watch a controversial fly-on-the-wall TV show about her life - insisting she's "embarrassed" by the footage. The "Smile" hitmaker allowed cameras to follow her last year as she prepared to launch her designer clothes hire shop, Lucy In Disguise, with her sister Sarah Owen.

The programme, titled "Lily Allen: From Riches to Rags", shows her confessing to an eating disorder and opening up about her pregnancy last year, which ended in tragedy when she miscarried the baby at six months. But the pop star has now urged her fans not to tune in when the show airs on U.K. network Channel 4 later this month, admitting she was "naive" to agree to take part.

In a series of posts on her Twitter.com blog, Allen writes, "Just a couple of things, some of you may have read about a TV show called 'Riches to Rags' (title not my idea) airing on Tuesday next week. We started filming it a year ago and I feel like a completely different person that (sic) the one that features in the programme."

"I'm inclined to ask you not to watch it cause quite frankly I am embarrassed. On the other hand I want you all to watch it so you can see how the press coverage of it has been totally sensationalized and quotes taken out of context."

"I should probably know better than to write this here but I feel it's the only place that my words don't get minced. That is all... I don't think I got a fee, it was meant to be a show about sisters starting a business. I think I may have been a little naive."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More