Naming New Album 'Femme Fatale', Britney Reveals Cover Art

 Official working title and cover art of Britney Spears's new album have been revealed. Calling the upcoming effort "Femme Fatale", she is snapped in a close-up shot in the picture which will be featured on the front page of the CD. Wearing little make-up, she is staring directly, yet seductively at the camera.

"Sexy and Strong. Dangerous yet mysterious. Cool yet confident!" so Britney describes it on Twitter. She additionally wrote, "I've poured my heart and soul into this album over the last 2 years. I've put everything I have into it. This album is for you, my fans, who have always
supported me and have stuck by me every step of the way! I love you all!"

"Femme Fatale" is coming out across United States on March 15. Led by record-breaking single "Hold It Against Me", the album is "a tribute to bold, empowered, confident, elusive, fun, flirty women and men. It's not a conceptual album." Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Fraser T. Smith and Bloodshy & Avant are lined up to help her produce the songs.

Beside the title and cover art, Britney is also going to treat her devotees with some sneak peek to the upcoming "Hold It Against Me" music video. Her manager Adam Leber said, "Keep an eye out for the album title, album cover and some sneak peeks of the ['Hold It Against Me'] video. All coming this week....."

The video is promised to be "a sexy, edgy dance piece directed by Jonas Akerlund and showing Britney at peak form and ability." Jonas is the same man behind Lady GaGa's "Telephone" clip and he's reportedly disappointed by Britney's lack of practice and thus allegedly brought in a dancer to take over the star's steps.

But Britney's rep quickly denied it, "The accusations could not be further from the truth. Britney worked extremely hard on this video and rehearsed for six weeks prior to shooting. Fans will immediately see how inaccurate these claims are once they see the video."

The director also stepped up to set the record straight, "(Britney's) been great throughout the entire process. At the end of the shoot I got the warmest hug I ever got from an artist, and I look forward to hugging her again very soon! I've been around long enough to know when an artist gives it their all, and to me it doesn't get better than this. This video is gonna be f**king awsome. It's all Britney."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More