Paris Hilton Issues Apology for Verbal Jab at Lindsay Lohan

Paris Hilton is apparently ridden by guilt for poking fun at Lindsay Lohan's jewelry theft case. A day after a clip of her making the verbal jab at the troubled actress surfaced, the hotelheiress/media personality issued a public apology via TMZ. 

"I apologize to Lindsay for the comment that I made. I was joking around but it was thoughtless and unnecessary," said the 30-year-old socialite when expressing her regret for her remark. She additionally mentioned, "I am reaching out to Lindsay so I can tell her myself." 

On Thursday, May 5, TMZ put out a clip of Paris' new reality show, "The World According to Paris". In it, the "Repo! The Genetic Opera" actress gives a homeless woman her earrings, but the woman mistakes her for Lindsay. In a voiceover afterward, she said, "If I were Lindsay, I would be stealing earrings ... not giving them away." 

Hours after the clip was put out, TMZ came out with the story that Lindsay, who was accused of stealing a $2,500 necklace from a Venice, California jewelry store in January, is furious over the remark. She reportedly told friends, "[Paris] is mean. You don't have to make fun of serious matters in people's lives to be funny." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More