Oscar Nominees React: Natalie Portman Grateful, Jesse Eisenberg Feels Like Crashing Party

 The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has just announced the nominations list of the 2011 Oscars on January 25. While some people are still surprised with their favorites snub, the nominees themselves have weighed in.

Natalie Portman who had earned an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress back in 2005 cannot hide her happiness to be nominated for Best Actress in Leading Role this year. As for Jesse Eisenberg who is honored to be part of a movie with great cast ensemble, getting Best Actor nod still doesn't feel real.

More grateful expressions from some nominees:

Natalie Portman, Best Actress - "Black Swan"
"I am so honored and grateful to the Academy for this recognition. It is a wonderful culmination of the 10-year journey with Darren to make this film," she said in a statement. "Making 'Black Swan' is already the most meaningful experience of my career, and the passion shown for the film has completed the process of communication between artists and audience. I am so thankful for the support we have received and I share this honor with the entire cast and crew of the film, especially Darren Aronofsky."

Nicole Kidman, Best Actress - "Rabbit Hole"
"What an extraordinary journey this film has taken me on! 'Rabbit Hole' has been a labor of love and I'm so thankful to John Cameron Mitchell, David Lindsay-Abaire and the brilliant cast," she credited those who worked with her on the film. "This nomination reflects all of the heart and soul that these people have put into it and I can't thank them enough."

Michelle Williams, Best Actress - "Blue Valentine"
"I am honored to receive this nomination. Making 'Blue Valentine' was unlike any experience I've ever had before, or may ever have again," she stated, before adding "I share this recognition with Ryan [Gosling] and [director] Derek [Cianfrance] who always brought out the best in me. Thank you to the Academy and to The Weinstein Company for their support of this film."

James Franco, Best Actor - "127 Hours"
"I feel great. I'm here in New Haven," he told "Today" show. "I'm about to go to class. It looks like I'm just going to class, but we have this whole set here so I have my normal pre-class makeup on and there are some lights here. It's great."

Colin Firth, Best Actor - "The King's Speech"
"It seems like I was fired out of a cannon this time last year. And now it's like I'm orbiting Pluto," he shared to "Today" via satellite interview. The Brit actor added, "Currently celebrating with my colleagues three feet above the ground. Not used to this much joy, or this much champagne at this hour."

Darren Aronofsky, Best Director - "Black Swan"
"It's very insane. It's beyond all our expectations," he said, still humble with the honor. "You don't go in with expectations, especially when you are making a film that's scary and psychological and not common. I'm really happy that the Academy is recognizing this kind of movie, it's very exciting."

Lee Unkrich, Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay - "Toy Story 3"
"It's an incredible honor to be nominated by the Academy. When we began making the first 'Toy Story', nearly 16 years ago, we never could have imagined the journey on which these films, and these characters, would take us. For 'Toy Story 3' to be recognized by the Academy as not only one of the best animated films of the year, but also as one of the ten best pictures of the year, is both humbling and overwhelming. I'm speechless; I feel like I've been blasted to infinity and beyond," he shared.

Mark Wahlberg (actor/producer), Best Film - "The Fighter"
"It has been such an incredible journey with 'The Fighter' and one that I am grateful to share with David O. Russell, Christian [Bale], Melissa [Leo], Amy [Adams], my fellow producers and the Ward and Eklund families, who are the heart and soul of the film," the depicter of boxer Micky Ward in the film said. "Thank you to the Academy for this tremendous honor."

Kevin Spacey (producer), Best Picture - The Social Network"
"It's a fantastic morning," the actor/filmmaker told The Hollywood Reporter of the film's eight nominations. "I'm enormously proud of the film and incredibly delighted that we were able to be so luck to get Aaron Sorkin and David Fincher to pair up, and for Sony to have stepped up and said, 'Yes, we'll produce a movie that doesn't have any explosions or car crashes or gunfights, or any real sex.' "

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More