Katherine Jackson Can't Stand to Look at Conrad Murray's Face in Court

 Michael Jackson's mother Katherine "can't stand" to look at Dr. Conrad Murray's face as he battles charges of involuntary manslaughter, admitting she's having a "difficult time" coping with the court cases stemming from her son's 2009 death.

The Jackson family matriarch appeared on U.S. breakfast program "Good Morning America" on Tuesday, January 25 and revealed her struggle to sit through court proceedings in the run-up to Murray's trial. The medic stands accused of administering the drug Propofol which killed the singer in June 2009.

Murray pleaded not guilty to the charge on Tuesday, January 25 ahead of his
trial on March 28 - and Katherine Jackson insisted the aftermath of the singer's death has proved to be a very tough journey. Jackson said, "It's been a difficult time for me ever since my son passed. When I'm in that courtroom I can't stand to look at that man (Murray)... and I go because I love my son... I just feel I have to be there."

In addition to Murray's involuntary manslaughter case, Katherine is dealing with a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by the singer's estate executors against her business partner, Howard Mann. Her associate is accused of publishing a number of unauthorized photographs in new coffee table book, "Never Can Say Goodbye", and the 80 year old is taking the litigation particularly personally: "As far as the estate suing Howard Mann, my feeling is when they're suing Howard Mann they're suing me... because I authorized the book."

As the court cases unfold, Jackson is also caring for her late son's three children, Prince Michael, 13, Paris, 12, and eight-year-old Blanket. But she insists she's not having trouble raising the kids despite her advancing years: "Michael's children are good children, and he raised them out of love and understanding. I don't have a hard time with them, because they know what, how their father had them raised, and their very respectful and also it's a difference today."

However, Katherine has one stern rule - she will not be allowing her grandchildren to follow in their father's famous footsteps until they are older. She adds, "I wouldn't let (them) go into business at this early of age, like Paris wants to be an actress... and I don't think Michael would have let her. He talked about (how) he didn't have a childhood, he wanted to be more... play more."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More