Former Stereophonics drummer Stuart Cable died after choking on his own vomit following a three-day booze binge, an inquest has heard. The rocker, who quit the band in 2003, was found dead at his home in Wales by his partner Rachel Jones on June 7.
An inquest into his death on Tuesday, October 19 heard how the musician had started drinking at a rugby club three days before his death. He continued to drink heavily the next day after his
When he awoke he went straight to the same pub again and carried on drinking before returning home and downing vodka and whiskey. He was found dead on the floor the next morning. Coroner Peter Maddox gave a verdict of accidental death.
A statement from his family says, "We can't put into words how much Stuart meant to us."