Megan Fox on Being Comedian for 'The Dictator': I Feel I Can Be Myself Again

 Megan Fox, who's been known for her Hollywood beauty persona, will soon ditch her humor-free case to tackle a comedic role in "The Dictator". Speaking to The Sun, Fox talked how she feels playing a character which is a far cry from her usual "sexy action girl" image.

"When I first started acting I was always playing the b****y or mean girl, then I was playing these cool, robotic women," said Fox. "I was growing tired of playing those kinds of characters and reinforcing this stereotypes of me and having to play up to that when I was doing interviews."

By tackling a humorous role in "Dictator", the former "Transformers" actress confessed that she couldn't be more relieved. "Now I feel I can be myself again," she claimed. "It's given me the chance to get away from that sexy, icy image that I've been stuck with. I think the public can relate to me more easily in these kinds of movies."

Though she only tackles a minor part in the movie, the 25-year-old actress admitted that she had a wonderful time working with Sacha Baron Cohen. She gushed, "I had a wonderful time. Sacha is very smart and funny. We had a great time working together. I think the audiences are going to love the film."

Fox, who will play a stuck-up hooker in the upcoming comedy, elaborated furthermore, "I'm discovering that I enjoy the atmosphere of being part of those kinds of films." She said, "Doing comedies has been a great change of pace for me and I'm interested to see how audiences react to seeing me in these kinds of films."

Fox will appear as herself in "The Dictator", which sees Baron Cohen as narcissistic Admiral General Aladeen. The dictator of fictional state Republic of Wadiya risked his life to ensure that democracy would never come to the country he so lovingly oppressed.

Directed by Larry Charles, the upcoming comedy movie also stars Anna Faris, Ben Kingsley, John C. Reilly and Bobby Lee. Paramount Pictures will release the film in the U.S. on May 16.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More