Sonu Nigam gets choosy


Popular singer Sonu Nigam, who has sung several hit tracks in Bollywood, says he has become choosy with the kind of songs he wants to sing and doesn’t like giving voice to every other song.
“For the last five years, I have controlled myself completely and I think one should work with only such people where there is a bonding and good work,” said Sonu, who has recently sung the title track of Shirish Kunder’s “Joker”.
“So I do good work with good people, who gel with me. I have simplified my life a bit too and put aside the kind of insecurity I had in the initial phase of struggle in my career. Now I live a good, peaceful and secured life,” he added.
Sonu ventured into playback singing when he was 19 and since then he has given hit songs like “Sandese aate hain”, “Suraj hua maddham”, “Kal ho naa ho” and “Main hoon na”, among others.
The current scenario has double-meaning songs gaining lot of popularity, but Sonu insists that the trend is not new.
“Even I have sung such (double meaning) songs but that was in the initial phase of my struggle. That time there was no channel, no music album to move on, except that you get anything to sing and move on, so had to opt for playback singing. So I have struggled a lot,” said Sonu.
“That time I sang the songs that I don’t sing now like I sang “Tera paon bhaari ho gaya”. I sang because I felt that will be a hit and when it was a hit I got an opportunity to sing on stage,” Sonu said.
The singer is currently working on an English album called “Spirit Unfolding”. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More