'American Idol' Finalist Skylar Laine: Dating Colton Dixon Would Be Kind of Weird

 On the Wednesday, April 4 episode of "American Idol", Ryan Seacrest brought forward a dating speculation between Skylar Laine and Colton Dixon. Setting the record straight, the country music beauty told E! Online after the performance show that her relationship with her fellow Top 8 finalist is purely platonic.

"Twitter is sooo funny. I've been getting a lot of tweets that ask, 'Are you and Colton Dixon dating?' and I just kind of blow it off," she claimed that she had persistently denied the dating rumor via the micro-blogging site. "But then Ryan comes onstage and says, 'Well that was real believable!' "

"We just cleared it up backstage. Me and Colton are not dating, that would be kind of weird," the 18-year-old singer insisted that there's no love sparkle between her and the 20-year-old rocker. "Colton is one of my best friends!"

The romance rumor aside, Skylar and Colton who had a duet of "Islands in the Stream" last night shared a funny story behind Colton's new blond locks. "He ran up the stairs and was like 'My scalp is burning!" Skylar revealed. "It was hilarious."

Colton added, "It hurts! Dang! I have never bleached my hair before, so it was like my head is on fire. But I have a friend who does hair, so I brought him to the mansion and said, 'Please do this. I'm so ready to go blond.' And I think it turned out well. I'm having so much more fun!"

On Thursday, April 5, the two young singers and other six contestants of "Idol" season 11 will face another elimination night, where one of them will be sent packing. The Wanted and Kellie Pickler are tapped as the musical performers, while judge Jennifer Lopez will debut her "Dance Again" music video.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More