Why is Salman Khan staying away from Hollywood?

 He was voted the seventh-best-looking man in the world and the best looking man in India by US’s People magazine in 2004 — but Salman Khan has maintained his distance from Hollywood, and says he has his reasons.
The Bollywood star unleashed his funny side when asked about the reason at an event organised by Indo-American Chamber Of Commerce (IACC) Wednesday.
“All my friends who have gone to America, they don’t even want to come back for a holiday, wonder why. I am an actor, those guys were the ‘sensible’ ones, educated – engineers, doctors, scientists. These guys went there and made a lot of money, respect,” he said.
“Me, I am giving Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, all these guys a chance. Otherwise…poor guys,” the 46-year-old said here in a humourous way.
Salman also targeted Hollywood films.
“Amazing movies, they make anything look good. Like for example the names I took, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise. We just go on emotions and heart. We overdo anything, I mean guys like us also look really bad,” said Salman.
He wrapped up the response with his arch-rival, superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s famous dialogue from “My Name Is Khan”: “I mean my name is actually Khan and I actually am not a terrorist.”
Besides Salman, actress Nargis Fakhri was also present at the event, where Tata Consultancy Services was formally honoured as the overall best Indian Company operating in the US at the 8th Indo American Corporate Excellence Awards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More