Katy Perry Needs to Heal Her Heart Before Getting Back to Work Again

 Katy Perry is still struggling to cope with her divorce from Russell Brand. The West Coast singer plans to take an extended hiatus by the end of July, just in time for the promotion of her movie "Katy Perry: Part of Me" to finish. "I need to let my heart heal," so she reasons as quoted by the Daily Mirror.

Although the divorce left her heartbroken, Katy is not afraid of falling in love again and doesn't regret her marriage with the British funnyman. "Actually it's really a lesson learned and it's super valuable, I could not buy this lesson," she says in an interview with Mario Lopez. "And I apply it to my life, I learn and a lot of the time, I get really good material for my songs."

Katy admits that the lack of spending quality time together takes part in the separation. The story of her divorce will be included in her 3D documentary movie, which is due in the U.S. on July 5. "The whole movie is about overcoming obstacles, overcoming my family, my set of rules and belief systems," the 27-year-old Grammy winner dishes on.

When asked by MTV why she includes the story in the movie, Katy hopes to inspire her fans. "In my personal struggle, you see me not changing and not giving up on this dream that I've had my whole life. Hopefully people are inspired by that," she explains. "You don't always see me with all the gorgeous lighting and makeup on and all that. I think it's fine."

Katy additionally thinks that people will question her motive if she decides to do the otherwise. "I couldn't avoid the elephant in the room. If you were to have seen that movie and walked out and [my breakup] wasn't at all mentioned like it never happened, you'd be like, 'Eh, this is weird, what is she trying to hide?' I don't like to hide," she shares her opinion.

When quizzed if she's worried that the other side of the story will come out, she replies diplomatically, "The truth will always prevail." She adds, "Everything has to be handled with integrity and appropriately, and it's not nice to air all your dirty laundry, because that stinks, so I had to be very delicate with the situation."

Although she's devastated by her divorce, Katy always tries not to show it in front of her fans. "There are times when it feels very pressing personal problems until I had looked down and let the tears fall from my eyes so as not to hit my false eyelashes, as I'll go up on stage and sing 'Teenage Dreams'," she once opened up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More