Robert Pattinson Pays Tribute to David Cronenberg's Movies in Provocative Photo Shoot

 Robert Pattinson has paid homage to director David Cronenberg, who works with him in "Cosmopolis", in a new magazine photo shoot. Ditching his Edward Cullen persona from the "Twilight Saga" film series, the British actor went dark to resemble some provocative poses from Cronenberg's most memorable movies.

In the 13-hour photo shoot for May issue of France's Premiere magazine, Pattinson posed shirtless while sporting an open hole on his belly. The gruesome pose was inspired by a scene in Cronenberg's 1983 sci-fi horror "Videodrome", which exposed extreme violence and torture.

In another photo, the "Bel Ami" thesp was pictured lying half-naked on bed with a heavily pregnant brunette. The steamy pose was adapted from 1988's psychological drama "Dead Ringers". There were some other grotesque photos which were inspired by Cronenberg's other sci-fi horror "Scanners".

In upcoming "Cosmopolis", Pattinson stars as Eric Packer, a 28-year old billionaire who faces various unexpected troubles while traversing Manhattan in his stretch limo in order to get a haircut from his preferred barber. The gritty film will be premiered during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival in France.

Sharing how he feels of being involved in the dark movie, the British actor gushed, "Filming Cosmopolis with David changed something in me. It gave me balls." He admitted that before signing on to the film, he "spent time doubting myself. As soon as I read a script that I liked, I was working myself up, asking myself if I was good enough. I tell myself: 'F*** it! If they want to hire you, go!' "

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More