Vanilla Ice Predicts Bad Times Ahead for Justin Bieber, Angers Fans

Vanilla Ice knows a thing or two about the complications that come with overnight success: He hit the top of the charts in 1990, started up a short-lived relationship with Madonna and faded into obscurity sometime after his vanity film project Cool As Ice bombed. When asked about 17-year-old pop phenom Justin Bieber's future by Chris Jancelewicz of the Huffington Post, Ice didn't hold back.

He said, "[I was ] 16 when I wrote "Ice Ice Baby." Sold over a hundred million records. And I had a weekend that lasted about three years, and I didn't know who I was, what's my purpose in life, when everything, when the snow globe settles, you know it's all shaken up and things are going right, left, crazy. But when it settles, you've got to figure out who you are, what's your purpose in life, where do you fit in, and all that."

He added, "So my prediction about is that he's going to go through one of those weekends that lasts a few years because he's had such success as a child act ... Oh yeah, you know, then something else new will come along and he'll be forgotten and he can try to put all the pieces back together so it's going to be entertaining to watch."

Given that Justin Bieber's fans have issued Twitter death threats over far less, it's no surprise that Ice, real name Rob Van Winkle, was quick to backtrack, tweeting Thursday, "I just read the post that some one fabricated about me saying something about JB. It's Bull ! I actually know JB and we are friends."

Note to Rob: Don't blame it on the journalist. He's the one with the audio recorder. He later pseudo-apologized, saying, "I wasn't trying to say anything bad about anybody. I never badmouth him at all. It's been twisted into something bad, and once that's out there it takes on a life of its own. I don't have any reason to hate anybody; I believe in good karma and spreading good energy."

Luckily for Ice, Bieber seems to understand that taking the occasional break from fame is a healthy thing. He's currently taking a month-long break to "think, pray and just kind of grow up." Anything to avoid becoming a tragic child star 
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More