Mandira Bedi eager to wear Masaba’s outfits after delivery


Actress-model-presenter Mandira Bedi who loves wearing designer Masaba’s outfits regrets that she can’t sport any of her dresses showcased at the Lakme Fashion Week as she is pregnant.
She would love to wear them once her body is back in shape.
‘I am a big wearer of Masaba clothes. This time it’s different and new and I’d love to wear them again once my body comes back in shape. I am pregnant for six months now,’ Mandira told IANS after the show Saturday.
Mandira married Indian producer, director and stunt director Raj Kaushal in 1999. The couple is expecting their first child.
Masaba’s collection ‘Straight from My Soul’ was inspired by the tribes of central Africa, which comprise some very structured silhouettes and colourful saris.
‘They were independent in my way. There are very strong colour block. It’s my modern take on Masai culture,’ said Masaba after the show.
Being half Caribbean, she has used that culture in her designs, said Masaba.
‘My structures and my fabrics are very, very Indian. Earlier, it has always been around temples, mythology and such things. This is for the first time I am playing down on my things using lots of solid colours. Caribbean is part of my culture. I am half Caribbean. I had just put that half into my collections,’ said Masaba.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More